Saturday, August 26, 2017

Abu Dhabi..Day 6

Last night I went over to the Marina Mall for dinner….not nearly what I expected…very fancy on the outside and glitzy on the inside, but not that unusual…ended up have Lasagna at the Food Court, along with the 4 or 5 thousand others….for this is the place to be in the evening. The Mall is the shopping center for all of the middle and upper class…is the social meeting place for all, for it is cool and has plenty of food and drinks of all kinds….so it is a busy place.
I ended up back at the hotel….watched the news on Tripoli and then the extensive coverage on both CNN and BBC of the east coast hurricane….and had a good nights sleep up at 6.  My morning walk took me towards the water away from the Cornische…and I ended up the Le Meridian Hotel…one of the old and famous and magnificent hotels in the UAE. The Queen has stayed here, as has most of the western leaders over the years. It is a true 5 star right on its own beach and right in the downtown area next to the Abu Dhabi Mall…..just got back heated up on this Saturday….which is a day when offices are closed, but all else is open, including all of the workers in construction…so a busy place already.
I go back to Dubai this AM……stay tuned.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment